We offer both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. By choosing Psychology at Sussex you will study in one of the largest psychology departments in the UK. Our research is ranked among the top 10 in the country [REF2014]. You will work alongside renowned researchers and on your own projects to help develop key skills to boost your employment prospects. Throughout your study, our staff will be on hand to offer support and guidance.
By choosing Sussex you will be studying at a university ranked in the Top 10 in the UK for Psychology research
Excellence in Research
- Our research was ranked seventh in the UK for research impact and 10th overall in the country in the Research Excellence Framework [REF2014].
- In the REF2014, overall, 100 per cent of our psychology research was rated as recognised internationally or better, of which 45 per cent of our research was recognised as world leading and 46 per cent of our research was recognised as internationally excellent.
- At Sussex you will not just read about world changing research, you will get involved with those who conduct it.
Excellence in Teaching
- We have one of the largest psychology departments in the UK and as a result of this, have specialists in every discipline.
- We have more than 50 teaching faculty, all of whom are actively engaged in research, so whatever your passion for psychology we have the expertise to support you.
- You can read the books our lecturers write wherever you study, but why not come to Sussex to learn directly from them?
- We offer British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited undergraduate degrees.
- We offer a range of masters and doctorate degrees.
Excellent league table rankings
- Psychology at Sussex was ranked 10th out of 82 submissions in the Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF2014).
- We are ranked 18th in the country for psychology in the Times University Rankings 2015/2016.
- We are rated among the top 25 universities in the country for psychology in the Complete University Guide 2016 and the Guardian University league table 2016.
Excellent career prospects
- 91 per cent of our psychology graduates found employment or progressed into full time postgraduate study within six months of graduating from Sussex (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2014).
- You will get involved in research and be given the opportunity to take part in some of our research schemes, which will equip you with a range of skills for the work place. These skills include numeracy, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, working to deadlines and independent working.
- By studying at Sussex you will be given the opportunity to forge links with top employers on our student placements.
Find out more about employment prospects after a psychology degree at Sussex
Find out about the junior research associate scheme
- Psychology Research Centres
- View the research centres:
- Andrew and Virginia Rudd Centre for Adoption Research and Practice
- Sussex Addiction Research and Intervention Centre
- Psychology Research Labs
- View the research labs
- See our Psychology Blog
- View School of Psychology Blog
- Psychology news and events
10 February 2016
8 February 2016