April 23-25 2014
This short Graduate School which will take place on April 23-25 2014 will be the second of a series started in 2013 at the University of Sussex. From Classical to Quantum GR aims at bringing together students from high energy physics, cosmology and astrophysics to discuss the state of the art in classical and quantum gravity. The series started in 2013 as a COST school and focussed on applications to black holes. The 2014 edition will focus on applications to cosmology. Our sponsors this year are SEPnet and the School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences at Sussex. Please see the event poster.
We have planned the following lectures: (see programme of events)
- Inflation and Higgs inflation, Fedor Bezrukov (University of Connecticut)
- Quantum Gravity imprints in the CMB, Claus Kiefer (University of Cologne)
- Cyclic Universe Cosmology, Jean-Luc Lehners (Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Postdam-Golm)
- Quantum Gravity Phenomenology, Sabine Hossenfelder (Nordita, Stockholm)
- Review of LambdaCDM cosmology, David Seery (University of Sussex)
We kindly ask you to register (below) as soon as possible, the deadline for registration will be April 4, 2014. The registration fees have been fixed at £50 and will cover coffee breaks and a pub evening. Payment must be received within one week after registration.
The local organizer is Dr Xavier Calmet E: x.calmet (AT) sussex dot ac dot uk
The steering committee of the series "From Classical to Quantum GR" consists of:
- Xavier Calmet (University of Sussex)
- Sabine Hossenfelder (Nordita, Stockholm)
- Claus Kiefer (University of Cologne)
- Piero Nicolini (FIAS / Goethe University Frankfurt)
The University of Sussex is located in Falmer which is a short bus or train ride away from Brighton (directions to the University).
Accommodation in Brighton is plentiful and the University maintains a list of recommended hotels.