Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are collaborative partnerships between an organisation, a university and a graduate to aid business development with the input of academic expertise.
So what are the benefits of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships?
- Strategic development of products, services and organisational development
- Financial support through grant funding
- Having a knowledgeable graduate to carry out the project work
- Access to university consultancy and facilities
- Outcomes which increase commercial success of a business
- Paid project work
- Application of specific knowledge and skills to real organisational situations
- Fast track career development
- The opportunity for further post graduate qualifications
- Building a portfolio of work experience, technical and business skills
For the university:
- The application of specific academic knowledge into industry
- Staff development opportunities in supervising and mentoring graduates
- The opportunity to work with business and build relevant relationships
- The student project could result in a postgraduate degree being awarded
- Publishing of academic papers
- Research opportunities and points towards departmental RAE ratings
If you have a potential strategic developmental project of commercial significance which you wish to explore, please email email@example.com.
If you would like information about other business services and funding schemes the University of Sussex can provide, then email firstname.lastname@example.org.