Our Community Festival is free to attend and is open to everyone. Join us on Sunday 24 June for a fun-filled day of activities.
On the day
Our Community Festival takes place on Sunday 24 June 2018 from 11am-3pm.
From children’s activities, academic talks, food and music, the Community Festival will have something for everyone. Here’s a sample of just some of the activities on offer:
- Keep the kids entertained with a range of fun activities including ‘messy play’.
- Hear from Professor Alison Pike, psychologist who was featured in Channel 4’s The Secret Life of 4, 5 and 6 Year Olds.
- Visit our inflatable planetarium and learn more about telescopes and astronomy.
- Check out the Formula Student racing car built by Sussex students.
- Try out a range of exciting sports including tag archery, fencing, basketball and Shaolin Kung Fu.
- Join a bookmaking workshop in our beautiful library and bind a notebook to take home with you.
- Meet Rough Science presenter, Dr Jonathan Hare and make your own molecular model.
- Enjoy our campus bar and catch the England World Cup match.
We’ll be publishing the full programme for the day in May 2018.
Please note that not all activities are guaranteed and we may need to alter the programme owing to events beyond our control.