Our Community Festival is free to attend and is open to everyone. Join us on Sunday 25 June for a fun-filled day of activities.
On the day
Our Community Festival takes place on Sunday 25 June from 11am-4pm. On the day, you'll get to:
- see how scientific discoveries are made with a guided lab tour
- find out about law courts by participating in a mock trial
- explore a bee’s eye view of the world using virtual reality
- take part in kids’ messy play activities with our education experts
- try out a range of exciting sports, including tag archery, handball and frisbee
- watch “Brighton: Symphony of a City”, a feature film about everyday life in Brighton
- enjoy live music at our Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts
- discover the beautiful South Downs on a campus boundary walk.
We’ll also be running a ‘Teddy Bear Hospital’ to teach children about medicine, and performance classes where you can meet your inner actor.
There’ll also be a variety of short talks and workshops where you can find out about our cutting‑edge research. You’ll learn about how our scientists are designing the drugs of the future and uncovering the mysteries of dark matter.