Budgeting for study
When calculating your expenditure for your time at Sussex, it is important to budget for study. There are many things that you will need to pay for that you may not have thought about. Here are some examples of the things you will need to consider:
- You may have to pay for a Study Pack (this is a photocopied pack of essential reading). The university will tell you if you require a Study Pack and how much it will cost.
- Writing paper
- Files and other stationery
- Photocopying (card and per sheet)
- Fieldwork visits/ other academic travel expenses
The University of Sussex Students' Union website contains lots of very helpful money and budgeting advice including:
For more information about budgeting at university and financial assistance, please refer to the Money Matters page of the online Student Handbook.
Help with budgeting
The Student Life Centre offers a variety of budgeting services:
- 1:1 budget planning - you can book through Sussex Direct.
- Interactive budget planner - designed specifically to help Sussex students.
- Money related events throughout the year - find out more on the money and budgeting pages of the Student Life Centre website.