Careers and Entrepreneurship

National Insurance

You will need a National Insurance (NI) number when you start work. Find out how to apply for one if you are a non-UK student

Applying for a National Insurance number

You can now apply online if you require a National Insurance (NI) number. If you are an international student, you will need one in order to work in the UK. 

You may need to send documents or attend an appointment to prove your identity.