New Course and Pathway Approval
Portfolio Approval Committee
The authority to approve new courses and pathways resides with the University’s Portfolio Approval Committee (PAC). This is a two stage process that ensures the proposal is of the appropriate academic quality, complies with University policy, and is a suitable addition to the portfolio of the School. PAC also retains the authority to withdraw or suspend courses or pathways.
Further details on the process for the Committee can be found in the Academic Development Handbook. If you have any queries not addressed by the Handbook, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
New Course Approval Forms
- BSMS postgraduate course proposal [DOCX 51.02KB]
- New Major/Minor Course Proposal [DOCX 36.77KB]
- New Pathway Proposal (60 credits) [DOCX 44.98KB]
- New Pathway Proposal (90 credits) [DOCX 48.86KB]
- Proposal to amend a course or pathway title [DOCX 31.71KB]
- Proposal to withdraw/suspend a course/pathway [DOCX 33.16KB]
- Stage 1 New PG Course Proposal [DOCX 35.61KB]
- Stage 1 New UG Course Proposal [DOCX 38.69KB]
- Stage 2 New PG Course Proposal [DOCX 39.03KB]
- Stage 2 New UG Course Proposal [DOCX 40.78KB]
These forms should be used to make proposals to the Portfolio Approval Committee.
Once given approval by PAC, courses will progress to the validation stage where the detailed curriculum will be scrutinised by a panel of independent internal and external members.
The following forms should be used to prepare for course validation panels:
Course Validation Forms
- Foundation and Undergraduate Course Specification [DOCX 34.59KB]
- PGT Course Specification [DOCX 20.16KB]
- Proposal for a New Module [DOCX 31.09KB]
- Validation Course Overview [DOCX 42.17KB]
If you have any specifc queries relating to validation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.