Health and Wellbeing

Have you been physically assaulted?

Are you in immediate danger?

If you're on campus

If you need emergency help, call Security on 01273 87 3333 or dial 3333 from a bedroom phone. There are also emergency phones located around campus which put you straight through to Security. The Security Office is located in York House.

  • Security are first-aid trained
  • Security will call 999 for you and coordinate guiding emergency services (such as ambulance) to your address on campus
  • Security can contact on-call Residential Community Coordinator and/or Residential Support Manager on your behalf
  • If you would prefer to speak to a member of staff of a specific gender, please let Security know

If you're off campus

First, please call Emergency Services directly on 999 and report the issue(s).

If you live in university managed accommodation - follow up by contacting Security on 01273 87 3333 so that they know that there is an emergency Off-Campus. Security is a 24/7 service who will be able to advise you over the phone and coordinate further response, however please note that this team cannot leave campus.

If you live in private accommodation - If you need additional support contact JAM, the out-of-hours call-back service, on (+44) (0)2089  383873. JAM will give guidance over-the phone and will also contact the Residential Community Coordinator (RCC) on duty who will return your call within the hour. The RCC will offer over-the-phone welfare support and advice, along with signposting for additional available support.

Non-urgent help

If you would like to report a crime which is no longer an emergency you can either call 101 or visit/telephone your local police station

Has your partner or family member been violent towards you?

Whatever the situation, if you, a family member or a friend, is being abused, threatened, physically or sexually assaulted by a partner, ex-partner or family member, this is domestic abuse, also called domestic violence and intimate partner violence.

Visit the wellbeing web pages for more information about domestic abuse and the help and support that's available

Have you been assaulted by a member of the University community?

If you have been assaulted by a member of the University community you can report it using our Report + Support tool, or discuss the incident further with an advisor from the Student Life Centre or a member of the Campus and Residential Support team.