School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences

Health and wellbeing

You can request a break from your PhD in periods of one month or more by completing the Intermission Request Form. This should be emailed to along with any relevant evidence. 

Doing this will 'stop the clock' on your PhD so that you do not lose any time from your maximum period of registration. 

You may also find it helpful to contact the Student Life Centre who can provide advice and support in a number of areas.