Careers and Employability Centre

Part-time jobs

If you’re looking for a part-time job while you study, we advertise a wide range of student jobs, some on campus and others in the local area.

Latest jobs on CareerHub
Local job sites

We cannot be responsible for ensuring that jobs advertised on external sites will obey minimum wage laws and other regulations. But if you find a job and you have questions about it, you can contact us at

Recruitment agencies

The following firms have offices in Brighton and offer general, mostly office based work.

Social care and health agencies

Social care is a big area of work, these agencies are involved in providing qualified specialists, as well as carers.

IT and technology

Other agencies

Summer and vacation jobs

In addition to using CareerHub and the job sites listed on the tabs above, the following websites specialise in vacation work:

Applying for jobs

You will be generally required to complete an application form or submit a CV (curriculum vitae) and a covering letter in order to apply for a job.

It's important to sell yourself and your skills when you're applying for part-time jobs. You can have your CV, covering letter or application form reviewed by a Careers Adviser.

Book yourself an appointment or send your documents to us via Ask a Question in CareerHub.

We also run many workshops on CVs, applications and interviews, so check out our events listing at

Top Tip

Look around when you are in Brighton. There are lots of shops, restaurants and bars that advertise in their windows, rather than online.

Keep your eyes open!

Subscribe to our latest part-time jobs by email

Sign-up to receive daily emails to your inbox

Code of practice for students applying for vacancies

Code of Practice for Students [DOC 100.50KB]

Campus opportunities

How many hours can I work?

The University advises that undergraduates work no more than 15 hours per week and postgraduates no more than 20 hours per week during term term.

How much will I earn?

All part-time jobs on CareerHub pay at least £7.83 per hour

International students

International students should be permitted to work, but there are restrictions around the type of work you can do and the hours that you can work.

Generally, students on an undergraduate degree can work up to 20 hours per week and then full time during the vacations, or after their the official course end date as stated on their Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.

International Student Support has more information about working during your studies.

As an international student, you will also need to apply for a National Insurance number if you want to do paid work.

Paid experiments

Earn extra cash by signing up to take part in research by the psychology department. Register on the Sona database to sign up for experiments, including memory tests, computer tasks and questionnaires.

Register for food and drink lab experiments by completing the online survey.