Sussex Estates and Facilities

People and contacts

For all requests relating to maintenance and repairs in academic buildings, please contact the Service Centre:

T: 7777 (external: 01273 87 7777) – 24-hour line.



T: 3333 (01273 87 3333) 


For comments or feedback about the Service Centre & its services, please e-mail the Service Centre.

Reception and Main Office

Hastings Building, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RJ

Key Contacts

Senior Leadership Team (SLT)


All residential receptions/porters are available on the Residences page.

Customer Service
Finance and Commercial
Maintenance & Engineering
Non-Residential Facilities Management

Information on the Non-Residential zone structure and your assigned Facilities Manager can be found on our Facilities Management page.

Print & Reprographics Unit

Consult the Residences page for more information on contacting your Porter or Reception.

Security and Transport

Whilst we endeavour to provide a good service at all times there may be occasions when this does not meet your expectations. To help you understand how to highlight your concerns, we have a clear escalation route to help resolve any issues quickly and effectively.

In the first instance you should contact our Service Centre to report maintenance issues and your first follow up call should be to them as they have easy access to the entire SEF team on campus and can provide updates to you. However, if this is not progressing in accordance with your needs our Building Service Managers are on hand to listen and understand your concerns at a local level and can visit you in person if required.

Should a further escalation be necessary after this, our Head of Customer Service will review your expectations and the actions that have been taken so far.  They will provide you with information on what can be done to resolve your concerns and progress to a satisfactory conclusion.

If this is not achieved then a subsequent escalation may be made to our Partnership Director.

For more details on who to contact to submit or escalate a complaint, consult the Residential and Non-Residential Facilities Management pages.