Questions and answers
389How do I book a place on a IT Services training course?
If you are a student or member of staff:
Training courses are advertised at /its/services/informationandsupport/training/coursedescriptions
Use the Book Now link displayed under the advertised course. If you are having problems come to IT Services Enquiries between 8.30am and 5.00pm any weekday.
Training courses can also be booked through Sussex Direct:
- Log on to Sussex Direct
- Click on Personal on the Menu bar
- Choose Staff Development if you are staff or Training Courses if you are a student
- Click the '...Booking Facility' link
- Select Information Technology and follow the links to the course you require
- If a course is scheduled click the Book Now button. If there are no places available or no dates are scheduled for the course, please join the waiting list by clicking on the link Inform me when a place or another date becomes available. You will be notified when a place becomes available or when a course is scheduled (this depends on sufficient requests being received and resources being available).
Courses that you attend are free of charge. However there is a non attendance fee of 25 pounds for staff and 5 pounds for students. This fee is charged if you fail to attend or have not cancelled your place at least 3 working days before the course is due to start. You will not be eligible to attend any further IT courses until this fee is paid.
When attending a training session you will need to have an IT Services account. You must know your userid and the password that enables you to use IT Services PCs .
Help us to improve this answer
Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)
Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.
This is question number 389, which appears in following categories: