The Health and Safety Office is responsible for advising on all aspects of health and safety in the University. In particular the duties include:
- The co-ordination and reviewing of University health and safety management systems
- Facilitating the implementation of the University Health and Safety Plan
- To provide an annual report on health and safety and for University Council
- To monitor and administer actions arising from the Health, Safety and Environment Committee
- To advise the University on health and safety legislation
- To liase with external authorities in relation to matters of health and safety.
- To be responsible for arranging appropriate health and safety training courses