Finance Division


The Insurance Manager is responsible for:

  • Arranging and placing insurance to cover all interests and activities of the University
  • Liaison between insurers and members of University staff on all related matters

The Insurance Manager holds a register of insurance covers which is reviewed annually by the Director of Finance following the renewal of covers.


Travel insurance is a mandatory requirement for all University business travel that involves either an overseas trip, or an overnight stay in the UK. Members of staff or students must arrange travel insurance through the University.

More information can be found on our Travel Insurance web page

Insurance Policies, Information and Procedures - Main types of Cover

Insurance Certificates

Other Insurance Cover

  • Money
  • Business interruption
  • Contractors all risks
  • Fidelity guarantee
  • Deterioration of stock (foodstuffs)
  • Governors liability
  • Pension trustees liability
  • Engineering insurance
  • Engineering inspection contract

Contact Details


University of Sussex
Room 203, Sussex House
East Sussex

Telephone: 01273 873934

Insurance Manager 
Joanne Rogers

Driving in the EU - Green Card Requirements

UK motorists are no longer required to carry a green card when driving in the EU, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia or Switzerland.

Full details can be found on the website –

Brexit - European Health Insurance Cards

Due to Brexit, European Health Insurance Cards are no longer valid. Therefore individuals travelling on University business must apply for University travel insurance, as per the University’s Purchasing Policy.