print friendly version

Questions and answers

I need to make changes to the coursework assessment on a module. How do I go about doing this?

The answer to this question depends on the change you need to make and whether assessments have run for this module in past years. 

  1.  Using the module Maintenance screen (SSTU0310) click on the assessment tab and then click on the CWK link to have a look at the coursework assessments. 
  2. Click on the 'Assessment Occurrences' button and select 'All Years' from the drop-down (top-left of the screen) to see if any assessments have run in the past years for the module
  3. If nothing has, you should be able to change any part of the assessment occurrence.
  4. If assessment occurrences have run in the past you have two options:
  5. If you need to change the mode and the weighting of an assessments you will need to create a new version of the module.  An example of this is that you have two essays each weighted at 50%, you want to change one of the essays to a presentation and change the weighting from 30%/70%. 
    See the following document on the module Maintenance screen for information on creating a new course:
    See BIS FAQ 130 for information about relinking students to your new version of a module:
  6. If the change is smaller - say the change to the timing or the length of the assessment, this can be done by contacting the Exams Office.  They have access to a form, which will enable small changes to be made to the assessment.


Help us to improve this answer

Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)

Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.


This is question number 2166, which appears in the following categories:

Created by Michele Saliman on 30 May 2008 and last updated by Jack McCulloch on 29 June 2016