print friendly version

Questions and answers

My own PC keeps crashing all the time. Who can help?

IT Services is not funded or resourced to provide support for privately-owned PCs.

Your problems could be software or hardware related and may be easy or difficult to diagnose and fix.

As a first step you could try talking to whoever sold you the PC or to the makers. They may have a helpline which could advise you, for example, some makes of computer have a lifetime support phone line. Your computer may still be under warranty.

Alternatively, see this list of local repair companies. 

Please note that we are not able to recommend commercial organisations. If you want someone to fix your computer, you should first make sure you know exactly how much it is going to cost.


Help us to improve this answer

Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)

Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.


This is question number 341, which appears in the following categories:

Created by Jason Bailey on 27 July 2001 and last updated by Richard Byrom-Colburn on 28 October 2016