print friendly version

Questions and answers

How do I replace a word that has been repeatedly spelt wrongly?

  1. From the Home tab click Replace in the Editing group
  2. In the Find What box type the misspelt word
  3. In the Replace With box, type the correctly spelt word
  4. Click on Replace All
  5. Close the dialogue box

It is a good idea to include spaces after and/or before the word you are replacing as it may form part of a longer word which you do not want to change.

Help us to improve this answer

Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)

Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.


This is question number 327, which appears in the following categories:

Created by Jason Bailey on 27 July 2001 and last updated by Adrian Chorlton on 1 August 2016