print friendly version

Questions and answers

Which microphone frequencies are used on campus?

If you want to use wireless microphones on campus, you will need to use an appropriate channel and frequency. Some frequencies are already reserved to eliminate interference.

Two channels can be used for wireless microphones:

Channel 38
This is the usual channel for microphones. Usage is licensed by Ofcom so you should check with us to confirm an available frequency. Contact Steve Eastty or call for audiovisual support on extension 8022 (external 01273 678022).

Channel 70
This channel is unlicensed but out of courtesy, you should try not to interfere with frequencies that are already in use nearby (see the list of reserved frequencies for details).

Help us to improve this answer

Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)

Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.


This is question number 2711, which appears in the following categories:

Created by Stephen Eastty on 9 February 2015 and last updated by Sandy Radford on 13 September 2016