print friendly version

Questions and answers

Can I have administrator rights to install software on my staff PC?

IT Services provide a standard desktop to University staff. If you need additional software on a Windows PC, you can install a range of extra programs on demand. If the software you need isn't available there, you can request it using our online help form.

If you need greater control, you can apply for a self-admin desktop. This gives you administrative rights over your own computer and is available to staff provided you formally confirm they understand and accept the responsibilities which come with this level of access.

Help us to improve this answer

Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)

Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.


This is question number 2698, which appears in the following categories:

    Created by David Guest on 16 December 2014 and last updated by David Guest on 16 December 2014