Real Analysis (G5145)
15 credits, Level 5
- Power series, Taylor series.
- Pointwise and uniform convergence of a sequence of functions.
- Interchange of limit and Integration. Interchange of limit and differentiation.
- Series of functions. Weierstrass M-test.
- Convergence and uniform convergence of a power series. Integration and differentiation term by term.
- Metric spaces. Basic examples. Basic topology. Separability, completeness.
23%: Practical (Workshop)
20%: Coursework (Problem set)
80%: Examination (Computer-based examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 39 hours of contact time and about 111 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2021/22. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: