International Financial Management (N1548)
15 credits, Level 6
You learn about global capital markets, looking at the decision-making process of international companies, and studying the issues surrounding multinational financial management.
- international monetary systems
- exchange rate regimes
- tax rules and legal and institutional complexities.
You study risk factors for multinational companies, including fluctuations in foreign exhange rates and look at key financial instruments.
Other topics include:
- measuring and managing currency exchange risk
- capital budgeting for multinational cooperations
- the implications of the financial crisis (2007-2009) on global companies.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. However, there may be changes to this module in response to COVID-19, or due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. The structure of some courses means that the modules you choose first may determine whether later modules are core or optional.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) BSc
- Mathematics with Finance BSc
- Mathematics with Finance MMath