Information Systems (N1039)
15 credits, Level 5
In this module, you are introduced to the application and management of information systems in an organisational environment.
Your studies adopt a management perspective to appreciate the identification, analysis, development, organisation and impact of appropriate information systems.
You also examine foundations of intra- and inter-organisational systems, along with their economic, social and organisational impacts.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 32 hours of contact time and about 118 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Business and Management BSc
- Economics and Management Studies BSc
- International Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- International Business BSc