Politics of Governance: USA (L2041)
15 credits, Level 5
This module examines four approaches to understanding contemporary US politics that emphasise the role of institutions, ideas, individuals and interests. These approaches are applied to the three main institutions of the Presidency, Congress and the Supreme Court and to the nature of political parties and voting in the US.
100%: Written assessment (Essay)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- American Studies and English (with a study abroad year) BA
- American Studies and Film Studies (with a study abroad year) BA
- American Studies and History (with a study abroad year) BA
- American Studies and Politics (with a study abroad year) BA
- Economics and Politics BA
- History and Politics BA
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) BA
- Politics BA
- Politics and International Relations BA
- Politics and Philosophy BA
- Politics and Sociology BA