Software Engineering (G6046)
15 credits, Level 5
In this module, you study large-scale software production.
Your studies emphasise the whole life-cycle of a software product, including:
- requirement analysis
- software architecture and design
- quality assurance
- maintenance activities.
As part of the module, you investigate social issues in software engineering such as team-structures and conflict management.
You also cover other issues, including:
- agile software engineering methods
- test-driven development
- coding practice and standards
- design and code reviews
- version control.
In this module, you undertake team-based coursework, which involves the production of a significant software deliverable such as an interactive gaming application
67%: Coursework (Portfolio)
33%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) MComp
- Computer Science BSc
- Computer Science MComp
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence BSc
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Business and Management BSc
- Computing for Digital Media (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Digital Media BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments BSc