Cognitive Psychology (C8551)
15 credits, Level 5
This module comprises 11 two-hour lectures and 4 two-hour practicals delivered by members of faculty. The lectures will provide a broad coverage of Cognitive Psychology topics, touching on perception, attention, memory, language, and thinking. The practicals support understanding of cognitive research through experiential learning via participation in experiments using key experimental techniques and practice in designing and evaluating applied cognitive research.
27%: Practical (Practical, Workshop)
30%: Coursework (Report)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Psychology BSc
- Psychology with Business and Management BSc
- Psychology with Clinical Approaches BSc
- Psychology with Cognitive Science BSc
- Psychology with Criminology BSc
- Psychology with Economics BSc
- Psychology with Education BSc
- Psychology with Neuroscience BSc