Individuals and Groups (C8510)
15 credits, Level 4
Introduces students to the central ideas and findings of social psychology. All psychology undergraduates at Sussex take this module. Students will learn about theories, methods, empirical findings and applications of social psychology. The module does not require any prior knowledge of psychology.
100%: Coursework (Essay)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 26 hours of contact time and about 124 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Psychology BSc
- Psychology with Business and Management BSc
- Psychology with Clinical Approaches BSc
- Psychology with Cognitive Science BSc
- Psychology with Criminology BSc
- Psychology with Economics BSc
- Psychology with Education BSc
- Psychology with Neuroscience BSc