Real Time Embedded Systems (829H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
The module covers:
- microcontroller-based real-time systems
- architectures and structures
- task structures and synchronisation
- real-time, deterministic applications
- multitasking management
- communications between tasks
- examples of 8-bit and 16-bit controllers
- examples and case study of CAN/FlexRay/TTP.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 30 hours of contact time and about 120 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) MComp
- Computer Science MComp
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with Robotics MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) MEng
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng