Spanish for Professional Purposes 2B (R4036)
15 credits, Level 5
You can study this module if you're an advanced learner who has completed the Advanced for Professional Purposes 2A module.
- understand the main ideas within extended discourse and communicate effectively in Spanish, with fluency, confidence and spontaneity, in different contexts
- practise your understanding and communication using your proficient listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- consolidate and develop the range of complex Spanish language structures, syntax, and specialised vocabulary to allow consistent accuracy and control in use of Spanish
- analyse aspects of the general social and cultural background of the language in a professional context, through activities and materials in a range of media.
You'll develop your:
- practical skills in all four communicative competencies and use Spanish independently
- knowledge and understanding of Spanish-speaking countries, society, and community through texts and audio-visual materials.
This module is at level B2 (Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 35 hours of contact time and about 115 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.