Spanish for Professional Purposes 2A (B) (R4035B)
15 credits, Level 5
You can study this Stage 7 module if you are at level B2 (Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages in the target language.
- understand the main ideas within extended discourse and communicate effectively in Spanish, with fluency, confidence and spontaneity, in different contexts
- practise your understanding and communication using your proficient listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- consolidate and develop the range of complex Spanish language structures, syntax, and specialised vocabulary to allow consistent accuracy and control in use of Spanish
- analyse aspects of the general social and cultural background of the language in a professional context, through activities and materials in a range of media
You'll develop your:
- practical skills in all four communicative competencies and use Spanish independently
- knowledge and understanding of Spanish-speaking countries, society, and community through texts and audio-visual materials.
6%: Practical (Workshop)
94%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Oral examination, Professional log)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: