Spanish Advanced B (B) (R4032B)
15 credits, Level 5
You can study this Stage 6 module if you are at level B1+ (Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
- understand the main ideas within extended discourse and communicate effectively in Spanish, with increasing fluency, confidence and spontaneity, in different contexts
- practise your understanding and communication using your advanced listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- consolidate and develop the range of complex Spanish language structures, syntax, and specialised vocabulary to allow further accuracy and control in use of Spanish
- analyse aspects of the general social and cultural background of the language through activities and materials in a range of media
You'll develop your:
- practical skills in all four communicative competencies and use Spanish independently
- knowledge and understanding of Spanish-speaking countries, society, and community through texts and audio-visual materials.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 36 hours of contact time and about 114 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: