Spanish Intermediate A Year 1 (R4016B)
15 credits, Level 4
This module is designed for:
- lower-intermediate learners who have a recent grade A/B at GCSE, or a D/E pass at AS-Level, or equivalent
- intermediate learners who have a good AS grade, or perhaps a low D/E pass at A-Level, or equivalent
The module aims to:
- enable you to understand key information and to communicate effectively in Spanish, sometimes spontaneously, in less routine situations at a standard level
- provide opportunities, across a variety of topics, for practice of understanding and communication in Spanish using the four language skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing, at a standard level
- consolidate and develop the range of key elements of the structures, vocabulary, syntax and pronunciation of Spanish, to allow progression
- present the background culture and society of the Spanish-speaking world through a variety of contextualised activities and materials in a range of media (e.g. text, audio, audiovisual, digital).
Successful completion of the module is equivalent to level A2-B1 (Basic-Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
3%: Practical (Workshop)
94%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Presentation, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: