Arts and Community (Q3311)
30 credits, Level 6
This module gives you the opportunity to work with cultural organisations and/or communities outside of the university. Its structure will be different each year that it runs in order to respond to new projects presented by, or forged with, external groups.
Indicative activities might include: creating a publication for distribution at a local venue, co-curating an exhibition, learning how to present research on museum collections in an engaging and accessible way, or creating new archives. Taking this module, you will be able to explore some of the practical applications of the skills that you have developed throughout your degree.
8%: One-to-one (Tutorial)
92%: Practical (Fieldwork, Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Portfolio)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 300 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 267 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- American Studies and English (with a study abroad year) BA
- Drama and English (with a study abroad year) BA
- Drama and English BA
- English (with a study abroad year) BA
- English BA
- English Language and Literature (with a study abroad year) BA
- English Language and Literature BA
- English and Art History (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and Art History BA
- English and Film Studies BA
- English and History (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and History BA
- English and Media Studies (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and Media Studies BA
- Philosophy and English BA