Research Dissertation (English) (Q3299)
30 credits, Level 6
This module is due to run for the first time in the spring term of 2021. It is listed here for students entering the English Literature degree or one of its joints honours degrees from the entry year of 2018.
The dissertation module gives you the chance to develop an extended piece of academic writing on a topic of your choice, in response to one of your Special Subjects studied in autumn term. You will work independently in identifying your topic and planning and undertaking your research, and will receive supervision (in groups and on a one-to-one basis) from faculty, as well as receive lectures on research methods and participate in workshops / seminars in which research progress is discussed and shared.
73%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Written assessment (Dissertation)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 300 hours of work. This breaks down into 23 hours of contact time and 277 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- American Studies and English (with a study abroad year) BA
- Drama and English (with a study abroad year) BA
- Drama and English BA
- English Language and Literature (with a study abroad year) BA
- English Language and Literature BA
- English and Art History (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and Art History BA
- English and Film Studies BA
- English and History (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and History BA
- English and Media Studies (with a study abroad year) BA
- English and Media Studies BA