Final Year Performance Project (Q3109)
30 credits, Level 6
In this module, you will take part in the development of an original full-scale production.
You select a literary text to base the production on and then:
- analyse the chosen texts or materials
- undertake research into issues relating to the production
- investigate performance materials
- locate appropriate performance modes and compositional strategies for the work
- acquire necessary design, stagecraft and technical skills to help realize aesthetic goals
- perform in the final production in front of an audience.
Throughout the module, you are expected to document and analyse your own and the group's processes and feed this back into the process of developing the performance.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Practical assessment, Report)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: