Ethics and Organisations: Responsibility and Justice (N1573)
15 credits, Level 6
The module aims to provide an investigation of the relationship between organisations and their stakeholder groups, and the social accountability and responsibilities that a corporation holds towards different stakeholders.
The module will introduce you to concepts of corporate governance, socially responsible investment and ethical issues relevant to contemporary business. It will be contemporary, interesting, stretching and relevant, and should build on and integrate with other modules that you have taken and/or are taking.
50%: Coursework (Essay)
50%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Economics and Management Studies BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- International Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- International Business BSc
- Law with Business and Management LLB
- Psychology with Business and Management BSc