Financial Risk Management (N1569)
15 credits, Level 6
You learn about a wide range of market risks including currency, interest rate, equity and commodity. You also look at credit risks.
During the module, you learn to map portfolios to risk factors, compute risk metrics (value-at-risk, and credit value adjustments), and look at rudimentary model validation and stress testing.
- credit risk, credit derivatives and other mitigation
- financial risks and hedging principles
- hedging with forwards, futures and swaps
- market risk, volatility and correlation.
30%: Coursework (Test)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- Mathematics with Finance BSc
- Mathematics with Finance MMath