Corporate and International Finance (N1563)
15 credits, Level 5
During this module you:
- learn the important ideas and analytical tools used in corporate financial decision making
- explore the challenges of implementing these ideas and tools through reading corporate finance literature and events in the financial press.
- the nature of financial decision making
- interest rates
- investment decision rules
- capital budgeting
- valuing stocks
- capital markets and the pricing of risk.
25%: Coursework (Test)
75%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- Mathematics with Finance BSc
- Mathematics with Finance MMath