Introduction to Economics (L1028)
15 credits, Level 4
This module provides an introduction to the fundamental principles of economics. The first half of the module deals with micro-economic issues including the behaviour of individuals and firms, their interaction in markets and the role of government. The second half of the module is devoted to macroeconomics and examines the determinants of aggregate economic variables, such as national income, inflation, and the balance of payments, and the relationships between them.
30%: Coursework (Test)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BA
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Economics BA
- Economics BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Mathematics with Economics BSc
- Mathematics with Economics MMath