Program Design (G6067)
15 credits, Level 3 (sub-degree)
This module aims to provide you with an understanding of object-oriented programme design and hands-on experience of designing, writing, testing and documenting object-oriented programmes.
Topics covered on the module will include:
- Software models using OO and UML
- Designing classes to solve a simple programming problem
- Data structures and the algorithms needed to manipulate them
- Stakeholders and requirements in software development
- Managing the software development process.
50%: Practical (Laboratory)
50%: Coursework (Project, Software Exercise)
50%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: