Communication and Learning Skills (G6066)
15 credits, Level 3 (sub-degree)
The aim of this module is to assist you in developing a range of communication, personal organisation and learning skills to enable you to pursue a computing degree at he University of Sussex and a career as a computing professional.
Topics covered may include:
- Study skills and approaches to learning in higher education
- Giving presentations
- Project planning: work breakdown and time management
- Writing skills: report structure and presenting technical information
- Referencing and citing sources
- Team working: roles and process
- Reflection on learning.
67%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Group presentation, Portfolio)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: