Web Applications and Services (G6060)
15 credits, Level 6
This module provides an introduction to the models and technologies used to provide distributed applications and services over the Internet. You will study the features and problems of building distributed applications, such as naming, security, synchronization, replication, object persistence and content distribution. They will use the framework provided by the Java Enterprise Edition to build distributed web applications.
50%: Practical (Laboratory)
50%: Coursework (Project)
50%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 44 hours of contact time and 106 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science BSc
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence BSc
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Business and Management BSc
- Computing for Digital Media (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Digital Media BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments BSc