Analysis 1 (G5085)
15 credits, Level 4
In this module, the topics you will cover will include:
- Sequences; convergence, Cauchy sequences, subsequences
- Series; proof and application of convergence/divergence criteria
- Limits of functions; definitions, examples and properties
- Continuity; intermediate value theorem, uniform continuity
- Differentiability; definition, proofs of mean value theorems.
21%: Practical (Workshop)
20%: Coursework (Problem Set, Test)
80%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: