Linear Statistical Models (G1107)
15 credits, Level 6
- full-rank model (multiple and polynomial regression), estimation of parameters, analysis of variance and covariance
- model checking
- comparing models, model selection
- transformation of response and regressor variables
- models of less than full rank (experimental design), analysis of variance, hypothesis testing, contrasts
- simple examples of experimental designs, introduction to factorial experiments
- use of a computer statistical package to analyse real data sets.
20%: Coursework (Report, Test)
80%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: