Cognitive Psychology (C8551)
15 credits, Level 5
This module comprises 11 two-hour lectures and 4 two-hour practicals delivered by members of faculty. The lectures will provide a broad coverage of Cognitive Psychology topics, touching on perception, attention, memory, language, and thinking. The practicals support understanding of cognitive research through experiential learning via participation in experiments using key experimental techniques and practice in designing and evaluating applied cognitive research.
27%: Practical (Practical, Workshop)
30%: Coursework (Report)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 30 hours of contact time and 120 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science BSc
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science MSci
- Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Psychology BSc
- Psychology with Business and Management BSc
- Psychology with Clinical Approaches BSc
- Psychology with Cognitive Science BSc
- Psychology with Criminology BSc
- Psychology with Economics BSc
- Psychology with Education BSc
- Psychology with Neuroscience BSc