Marketing Analysis and Financial Strategic Planning (863H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module will cover:
- developing marketing strategy, market planning and control
- marketing research
- behavioural concepts, marketing decision making
- marketing communication and sales strategy
- environmental consideration
- marketing ethics
- legal control and European/International influences costs of funds
- source of funds
- capital structures and CAPM
- business expansion
- working capital management including cash management
- dividends and dividend decisions
- corporate planning and financial control
- investment appraisal
- the stock exchange and its efficiency
- preparing a project and being able to persuade company managers of how marketing and financial planning assist strategic decisions.
50%: Coursework (Group submission (written))
50%: Examination (Computer-based examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 44 hours of contact time and about 106 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.