Linear Statistical Models (L6) (G1107)
15 credits, Level 6
- full-rank model (multiple and polynomial regression), estimation of parameters, analysis of variance and covariance
- model checking
- comparing models, model selection
- transformation of response and regressor variables
- models of less than full rank (experimental design), analysis of variance, hypothesis testing, contrasts
- simple examples of experimental designs, introduction to factorial experiments
- use of a computer statistical package to analyse real data sets.
20%: Coursework (Computer-based examination, Portfolio, Report)
80%: Examination (Computer-based examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2022/23. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.