Real Time Embedded Systems (829H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
The module covers:
- microcontroller-based real-time systems
- architectures and structures
- task structures and synchronisation
- real-time, deterministic applications
- multitasking management
- communications between tasks
- examples of 8-bit and 16-bit controllers
- examples and case study of CAN/FlexRay/TTP.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 30 hours of contact time and about 120 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We’re planning to run this module in the academic year 2021/22. However, there may be changes to this module in response to COVID-19, or due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.