Strategic Human Resource Management and Employee Engagement (780N1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
Learn the strategic approaches involved in managing human resources and employee engagement.
You study how human resource strategy is formulated and implemented into an organisational setting, and gain an insight into the strategic management of people.
You explore the link between strategic Human Resource Management, employee engagement and organisational performance, and learn about the key factors involved in the design and delivery of an engagement strategy.
- the strategic context of Human Resource Management and engagement
- corporate strategy, strategic Human Resource Management and organisational performance
- the strategic role of the Human Resources department
- Human Resource strategy development and implementation
- employee engagement concepts and ideas
- designing and delivering an employee engagement strategy.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Essay)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: