Advanced Methods in Social Research (584X8)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
You will take three specialist topics during the Advanced Methods in Social Research module. Most of these topics take the form of a single day workshop, which you must attend and complete the relevant assessment. Occasionally topics take the form of two half-day workshops.
Topics may include:
- Evaluation of policy and professional practice
- Systematic review
- Multisited and mobile ethnography
- Researching hidden and hard-to-reach populations
- Qualitative comparative analysis
- Social research in conflict-affected zones
- Using mass observation
- Social research in court settings
- Data management when using large data sets
- Advanced methods in legal documentation
- Social inclusion in education and social care
100%: Practical (Portfolio)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: