Dissertation with Placement (Global Studies) (003L7)
45 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module is designed to allow you to apply theories and concepts, as well as practical and research skills learned during the MA programme, to a work context in the UK or internationally. It takes the form of a 12-week work placement with an organisation working in a field relevant to the degree programme, normally undertaken from May-July after assessments on other courses are completed.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 450 hours of work. This breaks down into about 450 hours of contact time. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Anthropology of Development and Social Transformation MA
- Climate Change, Development and Policy MSc
- Conflict, Security and Development MA
- Environment, Development and Policy MA
- Food and Development MA
- Gender, Violence and Conflict MA
- Geopolitics and International Affairs MA
- Global Political Economy MA
- Human Rights MA
- International Relations MA
- International Security MA
- Migration Studies MA
- Migration and Global Development MA
- Social Anthropology MA
- Social Development MA